Wednesday 23 October 2013

Why Design?

Art. What do you think of when you see the word art? Do you think of painting? drawing? sculptures? maybe dance?
Art is a form of expression. It is when the mind allows you to project your creativity and imagination in all different forms. It is a whole other world. A place you go to to set your mind free and just express all your feelings and thoughts.
Art has always been apart of my life. It practically is my life. 
During my primary and high school education years, i would express myself through paintings, drawings, sculptures and dance. It was my way of escaping reality.
I used to just be alone and doodle in my notepad as often as i could. Because of this i had found my calling in life. 
I wanted to design.
I studied in interior, architecture as well as textile design. I get this joy and fulfilment unlike any other when i have completed a design of my own. Whatever i feel i put it into my work and it makes me happy.
People would always complement me on my designs but i do not see it as anything great. I just see it as something i really love doing and hence why i put my all into it and the outcome may or may not be ecstatic. I think if anyone really loves what they are doing they too would be talented in their own way.